30th 31th october and 01th november 2018 will a Mini-KIDS stuttering treatment workshop be held in the Oslo region.
The price is about 375 euroes. Participants will be served lunch.
Description of contents for the workshop:
Children between 2 and 6 years learn mainly from models in their environment. Parents are crucial in this process. To provide a model for functional coping with loss of control during speech, is central aspect of Mini-KIDS. The loss of control during stuttering events can lead to a vicious circle of effort, tension and shame, even in very young children who stutter. Mini-KIDS as a treatment approach, involves direct intervention towards the stuttering moments and the coping strategies for the child and the environment. This stuttering modification treatment is derived from Van Riper’s (1972, 1973) and Dell’s (C. W. Dell, 1979, 1993, 2001) approach by Dr. Phil. Sandrieser Patricia and Schneider Peter (4th edition, 2015). This treatment takes into account the learning strategies of young stuttering children.
Goals and outcomes of the workshop:
The workshop provides knowledge about this treatment by preparatory reading (papers will be available for participants after enrolling the administration procedure), and aims at several competencies for each participant on following topics:
• Knowledge of the reference frame for Mini-KIDS
• Knowledge of and skills in clinical reasoning about assessment data necessary to make clinical decisions about indication for therapy with Mini-KIDS (What assessment is necessary? For which cases is Mini-KIDS indicated?)
• Comparative reflection about assessment procedures used in Norway and link them to the reference framework of Mini-KIDS.
• Knowledge about goals of mini-KIDS.
• Knowledge and skills in counseling parents about Mini-KIDS (How to inform, motivate and involve parents in the treatment process?).
• Knowledge and skills of the methods, procedures and techniques used in this treatment approach (What are the main techniques for young children to enable voluntary control or modification of their stuttered speech? What are the phases in this approach? How can these techniques and effects of each phase be established in everyday life? What are the limitations of Mini-KIDS?)
These competencies will be achieved by means of lecture, video fragments, exercises, role-plays and discussion.